Argus is an automotive cyber security pioneer, helping car manufacturers, their Tier 1 suppliers and aftermarket connectivity providers protect connected cars and commercial vehicles from car-hacking. Founded in 2013 by cyber security experts, Argus solutions combine innovative security methods and proven computer networking know-how with deep understanding of automotive best practices. Argus’ R&D is based in Tel-Aviv, Israel, with offices in Michigan, the Silicon Valley, Stuttgart and Tokyo.
Recently, Argus raised $26M Series B funding from Magna International, Allianz Digital Corporate Ventures (part of Allianz SE), the SBI Group and existing investors Magma Venture Partners, Vertex Venture Capital and the Co-Founder of the RAD Group, Mr. Zohar Zisapel.
- Ofer Ben-NoonCo-Founder & CEO
Ofer Ben-Noon is a co-founder and CEO of Argus. Ofer is a passionate entrepreneur with vast cyber security experience who previously served as Captain in the Israeli IDF intelligence unit 8200. Ofer has previously co-founded CampusVille and took part in two Israel Defense Prize winning projects.
Ofer holds a B.A. with honors in Computer Science from IDC, including Management and Entrepreneurship studies at Wharton, UPenn. Ofer is also a graduate of the prestigious “Zell” entrepreneurship program.
- Zohar ZisapelCo-Founder & Chairman
Zohar Zisapel has a rich entrepreneurship and management background in the hi-tech industry. Since co-founding RAD group together with his brother, Zohar has served as CEO of RAD Data Communications, chairman of Ceragon Networks Ltd. and RADCOM Ltd., Director of Silicom Ltd. as well as on the Board of Directors of several privately-held companies.
Prior to founding RAD Group, Zohar served as head of the Electronic Research Department of the Ministry of Defense in Tel Aviv and received the Israel Defense Prize in 1979.Zohar received a B.Sc. and an M.Sc. in electrical engineering from Israel Institute of Technology (“Technion”) and an M.B.A. from Tel Aviv University.
- Oron LaviCo-Founder & VP R&D
Oron Lavi is a co-founder and VP R&D of Argus. Oron is a cyber security expert who served as Captain and a R&D team leader in the Israeli IDF intelligence unit 8200 where he took part in two Israel Defense Prize winning projects. Oron was previously a senior software engineer at Salesforce.com and the CTO at CBVW. Oron holds a B.Sc. in computer engineering, Magna Cum Laude, from the Tel Aviv University.
- Yaron GalulaCo-Founder & CTOYaron Galula is co-founder and CTO of Argus. Yaron is a cyber security expert who served as Captain and a project manager in the Israeli IDF intelligence unit 8200 where he took part in two Israel Defense Prize winning projects and was awarded the Chief of Military Intelligence award twice. Yaron was previously an algorithms team leader at ConvertMedia and a VFX artist at Mr. X Inc.Yaron holds a B.Sc. in computer engineering, Cum Laude, from the Technion.
- Yoni HeilbronnVP Marketing
Yoni Heilbronn serves as VP Marketing at Argus. Yoni brings a wealth of experience in marketing, business development, strategy and acquisitions. Prior to joining Argus Yoni held various senior positions in leading High-Tech companies, including NICE Systems, SuperDerivatives, Plasan, and Olista. Yoni also served a decade in leadership roles in the IDF’s 8200 cyber intelligence unit, and currently serves as a board member of its alumni association. Mr. Heilbronn holds a BA in Political Science and History, Magna Cum Laude, Tel-Aviv University.
- LaVern SulaPresident, North AmericaLaVern Sula serves as the President – North America at Argus. LaVern brings a wealth of experience in Automotive, Product Development, Cyber Security and Globalization, including several overseas assignments. Prior to joining Argus LaVern has had more than 30 years of experiences working globally in the automotive industry, primarily serving as a senior executive at General Motors. In her last assignment as Global Engineering Director, Vehicle Cyber – Security, LaVern established and led GM’s cyber security global organization. Mrs. Sula holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering from New York Institute of Technology.
- Dr. Michael MüllerPresident EMEAMichael Mueller is the President of Argus in the EMEA region. Michael has a rich entrepreneurship and management background in the automotive industry. Since founding Magility GmbH & Co. KG in Germany he is Managing Director of this company as well as on the Board of Directors of privately-held companies and on the advisory board of Universities.Prior to Argus, Michael served as Managing Director of Mercedes-Benz Technology Consulting, as head of Knowledge Management at Daimler Corporate University and as Head of Strategy and Process Management at Mercedes-Benz Cars Development. Prior to that he was an officer in the army of the German Federal Forces.Michael received a Dipl.Ing.univ. in Engineering from University of the German Federal Forces in Munich and an Dr. from Technical University in Vienna.
Magma Venture Partners
Magma Venture Partners invests in early stage communication and semiconductor technology and helps to build companies that target global markets and create industry leading success stories. Magma seeks bright ideas, infuses them with experience and foresight, and facilitates their rise as industry leaders that redefine the global communications sector. Magma invests in fields such as: wireless networking, network and internet infrastructure, communication technology, semiconductors, security and data storage, software solutions and applications for carriers, enterprise and consumers. For more information, please visit: www.magmavc.com
Vertex Venture Capital
Vertex Venture Capital, a top-tier Israeli VC with $600 million under management, has an experienced multi-disciplinary team of professionals, an impressive track record of exits through M&A and IPO and a strong international investor base. The Vertex team excels at identifying and investing in winners, and works closely with management in company building, generating business opportunities and leveraging synergies through its extensive global network of financial and industrial leaders. As the Israeli VC with the largest number of strategic and financial investors from Asia, Vertex opens doors in this territory, providing its portfolio companies with access to Asian partners and customers. Vertex was founded in 1997 and invests in high technology companies throughout their early stages of development in the areas of information networking and communications systems, software and components, digital media, enterprise software and Greentech. For more information, please visit: www.VertexVC.com
Magna is a leading global automotive supplier focused on delivering superior value to its customers through innovative products, processes and World Class Manufacturing. Product capabilities include producing body, chassis, exterior, seating, powertrain, electronic, vision, closure and roof systems and modules, as well as complete vehicle engineering and contract manufacturing. For further information, visit: www.magna.com
Allianz Digital Corporate Ventures (part of Allianz SE)
Allianz Digital Corporate Ventures (part of Allianz SE) mission is to strengthen Allianz by investing in innovation, and to strengthen its investment portfolio by facilitating strategic business development opportunities with Allianz. Headquartered in Munich, Germany, Allianz Digital Corporate Ventures performs venture investments for Allianz SE, a global financial services provider with 85 million retail and corporate clients in more than 70 countries. In fiscal year 2014 around 147,000 employees worldwide achieved total revenues of 122.3 billion euros and an operating profit of 10.4 billion euros. For more information, please visit: www.allianz.com
Established in 1999 as a pioneer of Internet-based financial services in Japan, the SBI Group has achieved rapid growth by recognizing the significance of two key trends, the diffusion and evolution of the Internet and financial deregulation. Today, the SBI Group has formed the world’s first Internet-based financial conglomerate in the Financial Services Business, providing financial services in a wide range of categories, including securities, banking and insurance. SBI’s investments and management of venture capital funds is guided by a corporate philosophy that calls for it to play a leading role in the development of the industry through the creation and incubation of new core industries of the 21st century, as a “New Industry Creator,” and as one of Japan’s leading venture capital companies. For more information, please visit: www.sbigroup.co.jp
BRIGADIER GENERAL (RES.) NADAV ZAFRIR
Cyber and intelligence expert. Former Commander of IDF’s technology & intelligence unit (8200), and founder of the IDF Cyber Command. Nadav brings over a decade of extensive experience in cyber leadership. Nadav holds an LLB from the Interdisciplinary Center and an MBA from the International Executive MBA program of Northwestern University and Tel-Aviv University.
MR. GIL AGMON, CEO OF DELEK MOTORS
Mr. Gil Agmon is the CEO and the main share holder of Delek Motors (a publicly traded company which is the sole importer of Mazda, Ford and BMW products to Israel). Gil joined the company in 1987 as a salesman, and had over 27 years of automotive career, 16 out of them as the company’s CEO. Gil has an extensive automotive knowledge covering both mass and luxury automakers, as well as deep familiarity with the car industry globally.